One might think of Andalucia, Spain as the perfect place to go for a milder, shorter, more tolerable (although less endearing) winter. And usually this is true...but of course not last year when it rained almost every day (although temps were relatively high) and surely not this year...when it actually snowed!
Snow in Cordoba is incredibly rare. The last time any flakes fell around here was at least 5 or 6 years ago and none of it lasted an hour. Before that it had been 50 years ago that the Cordobeses saw a real (for Andalusian standards) snowfall. But as you will see from the following picture I was 'lucky' enough to be here for a true snow storm. When my roommates got home they all said that the minute they saw the snow they thought of me and how happy I must be to see it. Just like my home in Wisconsin they said. Yeah, I said, this is great. Here I am in Andalusia, known for its unrelenting sunshine and high temperatures, and its snowing. Awesome.
View from the living room window of my apartment- beautiful the snow on the orange trees.Although later it was worth it when we all went to a movie and while we waited for it to start had a snowball fight in the theater parking lot. Hilarious watching people who have never made snowballs try to throw them. Overall a very memorable experience and soon enough the spring will be here bringing with it the sunshine that I love.

This picture is so great! It looks like some nice packing snow...I hope you taught those Andaluces a thing or two about snowball throwing. I can't image what the Thais would do if they had snow (actually one of my teachers said jokingly that if it snowed in Thailand, everyone would "fall over dead.")! Miss you!
ReplyDelete